Welcome from Head of Department
Greetings! On behalf of the faculty members, staffs, and students of the Department of Computer Science and Engineering (CSE) of Dhaka University of Engineering and Technology (DUET), I welcome you all to the creative world of IT (Information Technology). I am really happy for the excitement periods of the computer scientists for the last decade and the time ahead. Because I believe the CSE discipline has been widely recognized as an essential source and technique for the advancements in all spheres of human endeavor now and in future.
In order to prepare potential and productive persons in industry and academia, as well as in government sector, in the undergraduate and graduate programs of the Department of CSE of DUET an excellent environment of teaching, learning, and research in computing and IT has been maintained from the very past. In particular, we aim:
- To produce highly qualified and all-rounded graduate possessing fundamental knowledge of computing and information technology who can provide leadership and service to Bangladesh and the world.
- To pursue creative research and new innovations in Computer Science and Engineering and across disciplines in order to serve the needs of industry, government, society, and the scientific community by expanding and contributing to the body of knowledge in the field.
- To develop strong partnerships with industrial and government and non-government agencies, professional societies, and local communities.
To be a recognized as the leader having proper and recent education and research in the Computer Science and Engineering arena, specially with a strong impact in the timely and targeted areas of research to attract the excellent faculty and students worldwide.
The academic objectives of the Department of Computer Science and Engineering (CSE) are to provide outstanding education and research programs that can:
- Promote a philosophy of learning with the development of a computer science/engineering student body to be prepared for their specific profession, for advanced studies and careers in research with multidisciplinary knowledge.
- Provide a stimulating academic research environment for individuals who would be capable to work in both industry and academia, and would be the leaders in the demonstration of professional skills and in the development of new technology for the benefit of society.
For further information please go through the university website at www.duet.ac.bd Your comments and suggestions will help us to move forward and provide us the encouragement to achieve the superiority in Bangladesh as well as in the Global world arena.
Dr. Md. Nasim Akhtar
© 2010 DUET. All Rigths Reserved.