Functions of IQAC
In order to achieve the objectives, the major functions of the IQAC will be to:
- Facilitate the mission and objectives of DUET for enhancing the quality and relevance of higher education and respond to global trends on quality education.
- Develop standards and benchmarks for various academic and administrative activities of the university.
- Review existing procedures for further improvement of delivery of higher education.
- Encourage staff to maintain professional code of conduct in accordance with the QAC guidelines and international practices and facilitate to demonstrate good work ethics.
- Provide necessary support to the study program offering academic units, i.e., departments, faculties and institutes to conduct the self-assessment, external peer review and implement QA process at program level.
- Conduct regular monitoring of implementation of policies, systems, processes and procedures.
- Facilitate conducting institutional assessment.
- Assist for the approval of new program offering entity and new programs for existing entities using appropriate procedures.
- Develop a data base containing information regarding quality assurance, which will be deliverable to all stakeholders.
- Prepare and produce annual institutional quality assurance report (IQAR) and monitor report assessing the activities of IQAC and submit to the QAC.
- Develop an Institutional QA Strategic Plan for every 5 years and ensure its implementation and monitoring of achievements.
- Coordinate all QA related activities within the university.
- Liaise with QAC and other external QA agencies.
- Organize workshops, seminars and appropriate training for capacity building and promoting QA culture at all levels of the university.
- Advise university management, faculty and departments on QA and related matters.
- Initiate and lead for the establishment of staff development center at the university.
- Prepare the detailed for budget of IQAC.