Professor Dr. Md. Raju Ahmed
Professor, Department of EEE, Dhaka University of Engineering & Technology, Gazipur
Dean, Faculty of EEE, Dhaka University of Engineering & Technology, Gazipur
Advisor of the VC (Electrical), Dhaka University of Engineering & Technology , Gazipur
Syndicate Member, Dhaka University of Engineering & Technology , Gazipur,
Ph.D. (The University of Tokyo, Japan), M.Sc. (BUET, Bangladesh) & B.Sc. (CUET, Bangladesh).
PABX: 49274006, 49274034-53 Extn: 3000 & 3033
Phone: +88 01712753656
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Send Email
Md. Raju Ahmed was awarded Doctor of Engineering in Electrical Engineering and Information Systems from The University of Tokyo, Japan in 2013. Dr. Ahmed joined at the Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering (EEE) of Dhaka University of Engineering & Technology (DUET), Gazipur in 2004 and has been serving as a Professor since 2015. His research interests include Propagation of Electromagnetic Wave, Lightning Protection, DC-DC, AC-DC Converters, Power System Stability & Optimization, Renewable Energies and Smart Grid System. He has been working as a consultant, advisor and expert member of many reputed National/ International level organizations including Bangladesh Biman, National (IV TIER) Data Centre at Kaliakoir. Prof. Dr. Ahmed worked for design & installation of the Lightning Protection System for the World Tallest Tower, Tokyo Sky Tree with Ishii Laboratory of Japan. As a Sub-Project Manager, Prof. Dr. Ahmed successfully established a Fabrication Laboratory (FAB LAB) at DUET, Gazipur funded by World Bank through HEQEP of University Grants Commission (UGC). He has published many research papers in various referred Journals and International Conferences. Prof. Dr. Ahmed was the Organizing Chair of the first IEEE International Conference on Advancement in Electrical and Electronic Engineering (ICAEEE 2018). He served as the Publicity Coordinator of IEEE BDS 2019. As Head of the Department of EEE, Prof. Dr. Ahmed organized the first Robotics Competition (TECHFEST) at DUET. He is working as a reviewer of many International Journals and Conferences. Prof. Dr. Ahmed is currently working as Dean of the Faculty of Electrical and Electronic Engineering and Advisor (Electrical) to the Vice-Chancellor of DUET, Gazipur.
- Dean, Faculty of Electrical and Electronic Engineering of DUET, from September 28, 2019 to continue.
- Head of the Department, Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering of DUET, from April 4, 2017 to April 4, 2019.
- Fab Lab Sub-Project Manager (FLSM), Higher Education Quality Enhancement Project (HEQEP), World bank Project, from January 2017 to September 2018.
- Elected President of DUET Teacher’s Association (2017-2018).
- Advisor of the Vice-Chancellor of DUET (Electrical), from May 2016 to continue.
- General Secretary of DUET Teacher’s Association (2015-2016).
- Chairman, Self-Assessment Committee, Department of EEE of DUET, from June 2015 to continue.
|Doctor of Engineering||The University of Tokyo, Japan||2013||Electrical Engineering and Information Systems|
|Master of Science in Engineering||Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology (BUET), Dhaka||2006||Electrical and Electronic Engineering|
|Bachelor of Science in Engineering||Chittagong University of Engineering Technology (CUET), Chittagong, Bangladesh||2003||Electrical and Electronic Engineering|
- University Gold Medal for securing the Highest Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) in B.Sc. Engineering of the University in session 2000-2001. Chittagong University of Engineering and Technology (CUET), Chittagong, Bangladesh.
- Monbukagakusho Scholarship for PhD program at The University of Tokyo, from Japanese Government.
|Field of Specialization||Electromagnetic Wave Propagation, Lightning Protection, DC-DC, AC-DC Converters, Power System Stability & Optimization, Renewable Energies and Smart Grid.|
|Research Interest||High Voltage Engineering, Power System, Power Electronics, Renewable Energy|
|Year & Duration||Designation||Scope of Works||Company/Institute/University|
|July, 2015 ~ Present||Professor||Teaching and Research||Dhaka University of Engineering & Technology (DUET), Gazipur|
|September 2013 ~ July 2015||Associate Professor||Teaching and Research||Dhaka University of Engineering & Technology (DUET), Gazipur|
|November 2006 ~ September 2013||Assistant Professor||Teaching and Research||Dhaka University of Engineering & Technology (DUET), Gazipur|
|February 2004 ~ November 2006||Lecturer||Teaching and Research||Dhaka University of Engineering & Technology (DUET), Gazipur|
|Name||Md. Raju Ahmed|
|Father’s Name||Md. Mobarak Talukder|
|Permanent Address||Village: Chairkumaria, Post Office: Dheukhali, Police Station: Sadarpur, District: Faridpur|
|Present Address||Flat No. 7E, Northern Lion RP tower, Road No.: 4, Block: D, Section: 2, Mirpur, Dhaka-1216
Room No: 210, Teacher’s and Officer’s Dormitory, DUET, Gazipur
|Date of Birth||October 30, 1980|